- Supervising the conduct and behavior of clients; maintaining necessary order and discipline.
- Attempting to modify antisocial behavior and assisting clients in adjusting to detention situations.
- Instructing and encouraging good manners, sportsmanship, and proper attitudes towards work, play, and citizenship.
- Maintaining effective security and safety procedures within the unit at all times and being constantly alert of escape attempts.
- Preparing daily behavior reports; keeping unit logs and other written information up to date.
- Be a positive role model; instruct the rules of various games and in craft methods; referee games and organized tournaments.
- No probation or corrections experience required.
- Must be 21 years of age 6 months from the date you apply.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license.
- No felony convictions and cannot be on probation.
- OPTION I: Education: Completion of, or the ability to complete within six months of application date, 60 semester or 90 quarter units of college coursework from an accredited college or university or an associate degree from an accredited college or university.
- OPTION II: Education: Must be a high school graduate, have obtained a G.E.D or passed a high school proficiency examination, plus one of the following:
- Two years of Active Duty in the Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves with an Honorable Discharge. You must attach a copy of your Member-4 Form DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) or equivalent, indicating dates of service, to your application. For privacy reasons, it is recommended that you remove your social security information from the form.
- Currently be serving in the military with at least two years of Active Duty in the Armed Forces, National Guard, or Reserves. Official Military documents verifying and specifying the Active-Duty dates and your current Military Orders indicating dates of service must be attached to your application. For privacy reasons, it is recommended that you remove your social security information from the form.
- Two years of paid or volunteer experience in an organization providing oversight of youth or adults.
The PCO and other openings can also be found at Job Gateway site
If you have additional questions or need assistance, please contact us at [email protected]